News From the Nest

From Staff Reports

Dance the night away
Prom is Saturday, May 12, from 8-11 p.m. at 415 Westlake. Tickets are $60 for individuals.

Rock the vote
All Seattle Public Schools high school libraries are now a place where students can register to vote. Librarian Lee Micklin is collaborating both with #im18b4nov6 and Washington Bus to get eligible students signed up. Students can also register online at the Washington Secretary of State’s website. Acceptable forms of ID are a Washington state driver’s license or permit, or state identification card.

Honoring the fallen
Time is approaching for the annual Cleveland Memorial Ceremony at the Memorial Forest on Friday, May 25. This is a chance for students to learn more about the CHS alumni who passed away during the World War I, II and the Korean War. Transportation and lunch will be provided. See Lois Brewer for more details.

Sun’s out, buns out!
Like getting outdoors? Join the Cleveland Camping Trip June 2-3, at Lake Wenatchee State Park. Start the summer off right with tents, a campfire, and of course, s’mores. See Robert Gandy in Room 1335 for permission slips and more details.

We gotchu!
Yearbooks are on sale for $75. There less than 40 books left. That may sound like a lot, but books go fast once they arrive so don’t get left out! Pick up an order form outside the CPub headquarters in Room 1162.

Let’s eat
The senior breakfast will be held on Wednesday, June 6. This will be one of the last times the class will be together as a whole before graduation. Awards will be handed out for academic excellence and academic growth. There will also be recognition for the honor graduates and a special Principal Award to the senior who exemplifies the qualities of a top-notch student.

The following week on June 13, students with a 3.2 GPA or higher will be recognized at an Honors Reception at Factory Luxe in SoDo. The event is by invitation only, so make sure you are checking your email, seniors!

Got an important announcement? Email submissions to [email protected]