News From the Nest

From staff reports

Courtesy of the Patterson Family
Hilary Patterson with her new baby girl, Finley Noel.

1 + 1 = 3!

Congratulations to math teacher Hilary Patterson, who gave birth to a baby girl, Finley Noel, on Sept. 30. Patterson will be on maternity leave for the remainder of the year. Edson Calaunan is filling in as Patterson’s long-term substitute.

That’s wasSUP

On Friday, Oct. 27, Cleveland will resume Last Friday Assemblies during advisory. This is a time for students to be recognized by their teachers for representing the school’s motto, Spirit, Unity, Progress. Teachers can fill out the Google form to submit their nominations to Teresa Scribner by Oct. 24.

Spooky sounds

The music department will be putting on a Halloween concert in the auditorium on Oct. 27. Doors will open at 6:15 p.m., and the concert will begin at 6:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be sold during intermission.

Trick or treat?

You’re never too old to beg for candy, and CHS teachers are going to make it easy for you by stocking their rooms for Halloween. Students are enco   uraged to trick or treat during lunch. Teachers who will be giving out candy will have a pumpkin sticker on their door. But don’t yell “trick-or-treat!” The secret phrase for candy will be “CHS is the best!” Costumes are optional but it’s more fun if you dress up!

Save the Dates

End of quarter: Thursday, Nov. 9

Veterans Day: Friday, Nov. 10 (no school)

Student-Led Conferences: Nov. 20-22

Thanksgiving Break: Nov. 23-24

Senior Day: Wednesday, Dec. 6

Winter Concert: Tuesday, Dec. 12

Vote for me

Elections for the Class of 2021 officers will be held on Oct. 31 during advisory. Applications are due on Oct. 18., and students who are interested in running can pick one up in room 2264.

Give me your money

Seniors, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, is now open. Students should apply as soon as possible, as filling out the FAFSA form determines your eligibility for financial aid. Seniors who may need help with the paperwork should visit College Prep advisor Dawn LaMance in Room 1339.

We Got You!

Yearbooks are on sale for the remainder of the year for $65. Seniors may purchase bundle packages, which include a name-stamped yearbook, a baseball jersey and a grad ad. Bundles will not be available after Dec. 4.

Got an important announcement? Email submissions to [email protected]