Announcements

From staff reports

Baby boom

Humanities teacher Robin Nider gave birth to a boy on May 29. He weighed 7 lbs, 1.5 oz.

Check out is at noon

Seniors: Friday, June 5, is the last day to attend classes. Seniors are expected to attend all classes on their schedule that day. Students must have all teachers sign off on their final grade, and all fines must be paid before any counselor will clear you for graduation. Students may not interrupt classes to get signatures from teachers! There will be finals going on, so please get signatures during class time, during lunch or after school. Payments for fines should be directed to Fiscal Secretary Allana Farrar and must be CASH or MONEY ORDERS only.

Walk it out

Seniors will be taking that long walk to freedom on Thursday, June 11. The commencement ceremony begins at 5 p.m. Rehearsal will be held that morning from 8-9 a.m. Two buses will leave CHS at 7:30 a.m. and return at 9:30 a.m. Seniors should arrive for graduation no later than 4 p.m. dressed in their cap and gown. The processional begins at 4:55 p.m. Seniors are responsible for getting to Memorial Stadium themselves.

Don’t get comfortable

The school year hasn’t even ended, and ASB is already preparing for next year.

Eagle Day for the upcoming school year has been set for Tuesday, Sept. 8, the day before school starts. Students are encouraged to attend in order to get their ID badges made, pick up their schedules and order yearbooks and class gear at a discounted rate.

Drop in and get your Eagle on!

Journalists wanted

It’s recruiting season for Cleveland Publications! Students who may be interested in joining the writing staff or the production team should contact Media Adviser Teresa Scribner in Room 1162. Students who receive an official invite are encouraged to sign up.

A picture will last longer

Want a keepsake from the State Championship game? How about that great photo from prom? Did a picture in the yearbook really catch your eye?

Pictures featured in the yearbook and the Journal are for sale in Room 1162. A 5×7 is $2.50, an 8×10 is $5 and 4 wallets are $1.50. Graduation photos will also be available for purchase beginning June 12.

Got an important announcement? Email submissions to [email protected]